Three members of Osama Bin Laden’s family and a pilot died from the “effects of fire” when a jet plane crashed, preliminary post-mortem tests have found.
Bin Laden’s half-sister, Sana Mohammed Bin Laden, her mother, Raja Bashir Hashim, and his brother-in-law, Zuhair Hashim died in the crash on Friday.
The jet’s pilot, Jordanian Mazen Al-Aqeel Da’jah Salem, was also killed.
An inquest into the deaths was opened and adjourned earlier.
The Saudi Arabian embassy said it was working with the British authorities to repatriate the bodies.
The Saudi-registered Phenom 300 private jet was attempting to land at Blackbushe Airport when it crashed on to dozens of cars and burst into flames killing all on board.
The airport reopened on Monday after it was shut over the weekend to allow for investigations.
Police are carrying out a joint investigation with the Air Accidents Investigation Branch
The Bin Laden family tree
- Osama Bin Laden’s father Mohammed was originally from Yemen and moved to Saudi Arabia in the 1910s
- He became the head of a construction empire that is behind some of the biggest building projects in Saudi Arabia
- Mohammed Bin Laden, who died in a plane crash in 1968, had many wives, and is estimated to have had at least 50 children
- His eldest son, Salem Bin Laden, also died in a plane crash in Texas in 1988
- The Bin Laden family – many of whom live in the US – severed ties with Osama before disowning him after the 11 September attacks
CREDIT : BBC